In the Beatitudes, Jesus taught us that a person is “known” (and justly measured) by their FRUIT (Matt 7:16). However, the fruit that the New Testament refers to here, and in many other passages, as FAITH-based qualitative, not quantitative esteem. Like the Fruit of the Spirit, and other attributes like integrity, godly values, loyalty to God, and making sure your “yes” means “yes,” [even when it hurts to deliver on a promise or committment].
“After 40 years of pastoral ministry, it has become my full conviction that God does not count Believers–He weighs them.” – Dr. Jerry Cook
The reality is, For-profit and Non-Profit enterprises are judged successful or not by the numbers. US Supporters are becoming better Stewards of God’s money and that is much preferred over giving towards a feeling, a picture of a sick baby or caged 3-legged dog!
Stewardship of the funds you give is the same to us as putting God’s money to use. That means wise investment with high long-term yields. We also live by6 actors:
1. We do our best to align with God’s view by taking the LONG View. We serve at our best if we hold time, quality, and sustainability in tension–not letting any go–in such a way that through repeatable processes, the transformation is continuously improved sustainably paving ahead 3 generations into the future.
Essentially, we have decided not to be causal agents, but diligent Father-God-loving, and beloved-by-Him slaves . . . no more, no less. So far seems far better and easier to let loose God’s Word and His unquenchable Spirit, than to give your strength to man’s well-tread be-littered and ineffective pathways forged by generations of well-meaning plans that lead minimal results.
2. We always work to develop the indigenous Believers on the ground, and it is their skill sets, taught and practiced “in the field” that is producing quality and sustainable transformation in men and their families. If they can’t do it and own it, then we feel we are wasting your and our resources.
3. We pray, think, and move strategically with one eye on today, and another on following God as He Transforms a Nation, with Kenya (2013) and the USA (2019) as our Pilots. See our 3-Headed Spear.
4. We are aggressively and intentionally focused on expanding the presence of our Father’s Kingdom wherever we go.
5. We believe God prefers to use the few over the many–the 1 over the 99, and the 300 over the 32,000 (see Gideon’s Warriors). A plethora of examples can be found in Scripture, but His Ways are always higher than ours, and we get excited when God does something that defies belief, right?
Download our Complete US and East African ministry chart